Level ∞: Shadow Master
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
- Feb 22, 2011
Think you're the best 1v1 player around? Can you win, no matter the map, and without relying on the first turn advantage*? Well now is the time to prove it, once and for all.
Welcome to the MajCom 1v1 League.How will this work?
- This is a 1v1 competition done in a league format.
- There will be up to 4 leagues (Onyx, Gold, Silver & Bronze) with up to 12 players each.
- Once registration closes, players will be sorted by rank into the different leagues.
- The 12 highest ranking players join Onyx league, the next 12 join Gold league, etc etc.
- Previous 1v1 experience may also be considered if players have similar scores.
- You will play 22 games in total.
- Every game will be on a different map.
- All fixtures will be published at start of play and you will have 6 weeks to complete them all.
- Settings will be 24hr, Flat Rate, One, Anywhere, Chance (Except for Nukes - use One, Path)
- You are responsible for creating the games to the correct settings and issuing invitations.
- Report completed games on the forum for them to be added to the scoreboard.
- You should provide a game link and a note of whether it was won by the first or second player.
- Players may concede a game that is clearly lost so it may be reported on the forum.
- 1 win = 1 league point. After all games are over the top 3 in each league will receive prizes.**
- If at the end there are multiple players with equal points in either 1st, 2nd or 3rd there will be seperate play-offs to determine who gets the points.
- The top 3 of each league will advance up into the league above on the next season, and the bottom 3 will get relegated down a league.
- Once a new season begins, you can re-register and the leagues will again be compiled according to current rank - while taking into account promotions and relegations of the previous season.
- Commanders & Strategists only.
* First Turn Advantage: Anyone that plays 1v1 knows there is an advantage to going first. In this competition we will not eliminate the advantage, merely try to equal it out. Since you play everyone twice, the first time you fight someone, whoever goes first in that game will have to go second the next time you two fight each other.
If the computer assigns the wrong person first in the second game - players should go AWOL or send a message to NewSheriffInTown to have the game deleted.
It's done this way in order to preserve the guaranteed first turn troop bonus that is given in 1v1 games. You can play an "AWOL game" for fun if you want to but it won't count for the league.
If you are creating a game where you know who should be first, mark it on the game notes along with an indication that it's a league game.
** Buy-In & Prizes: